Thursday, July 23, 2009

The youth are coming! The youth are coming!

Apologies for the gap in posts. As of Sunday, I'm camping back at Mother's Day and livin' off the grid. Take note: wi-fi can not be achieved by harnessing the speed of Montana jack rabbits and solar power.

Youth moms and dads rest easy, your daughters arrived safe and sound on Sunday with their chaperones (pictured below) and have been a joy in the quarry. So far, they have carefully removed a rib and as I type they are undercutting and flipping a field jacket containing a cervical vertebrae and two ribs!Youth volunteers are a vital part of Cincinnati Museum Center. From running hands-on-demos in all three museums to interpreting exhibits for visitors, they are a wealth of knowledge. So, if you ever meet one at Museum Center, take a moment and let them "wow" you. I had the privilege to work with this group of young adults during my first year and I'm still proud to call them staff.

If you know a tri-state teen who would like to join our Youth Program next summer, please visit our website for more information.

1 comment:

Rick said...

I don't know what you are talking about Lauren, I get MY wi-fi exclusively from Jackrabbits.
C'mon, join the 21st century! :-)